1970's - 1980's
Born January 10, 1972 in Arlington Heights, Illinois
Relocated to Miami, FL, then Southern California
Grew up in family of mom, dad and three sibs
Born with curiously strong curiosity
Competitive gymnast, Girl Scout Silver Award, Student Government
1990's - 2003
The Walt Disney Company/Disneyland Resort (1990 - 2003)
Theme Park Operations
Human Resources/Training & Development
Disneyland Ambassador to the World; goodwill visits across the US, Canada, France and Japan
Public Affairs/Community Relations
B.A. from Chapman University in Southern California; emphasis in Speech Communications (1996)
Insurance Industry Charitable Foundation
Development & Partner Relations
The Walt Disney Company/Disneyland Resort
Catering & Convention Services
Pilgrimage to Fatima, Portugal (2007)
Married Christopher Utley (2012)
Dream come true
Gained two beautiful bonus daughters
Mother's passing (2013)
Most catalytic, life-changing event
2014 - Present
Professional coach training & certification
Martha Beck, Inc.
Founded Blossom of Snow, based in Southern California
Powerfully and passionately helping people dream without limits and co-create their dreams
through private coaching, intimate retreats and workshops, and public speaking
THE "BLOSSOM OF SNOW" STORY
From the very beginning, I wanted the name of my coaching practice to honor the memory of my beautiful mother who dedicated her life to serving others. On Good Friday in March 2013, she passed on to a higher purpose after enduring 14 months of treatment for multiple myeloma cancer. Her passing brought me to my knees and also served as my greatest catalyst to follow my dreams of making a life, making a living, and making a difference by doing what I love, with whomever I love, from wherever I love.
Blossom of Snow is a lyric from the song “Edelweiss” in The Sound of Music, which my mother sang to me as a lullaby. It beautifully integrates the ideas of growing (“blossom”) and hibernating (“snow”). Most of us focus on taking outward action, but we usually don’t allow ourselves the inner stillness and connection that leads to the most abundant growth. It exemplifies the slow and inside-out approach that is the foundation of my coaching style.
Blossom of Snow also speaks to being unique. I believe our best success strategy for life, relationships, career and business is to be authentically ourselves -- to create a life around our unique set of natural strengths + passions, and collaborate with others who complement us.
be a blossom of snow
13 FUN facts
- I believe our dreams -- the desires of our hearts -- are our Callings. I'm on a mission to help one million women dream without limits and co-create their biggest dreams.
- My coaching clients are my heroes; for their courage, vulnerability and unlimited resourcefulness.
- I'm often described as short and tough.
- I prefer deep conversation over social chit-chat.
- My authentic definition of success is Love:
Doing my best to give and receive Love with God, myself and others, in all areas of my life.
- I have a strong right brain. I like pictures more than spreadsheets and the Arts more than math.
- I was raised Catholic and still practice Catholicism. I also have an interfaith marriage, and appreciate and practice beautiful aspects from a variety of faith traditions.
- I listen to music more than I watch television. I love curating playlists for all kinds of moods, occasions, and genres, and incorporating the power of music in my coaching.
- My curiously strong curiosity is my greatest natural strength. My husband says coaching is my calling because I get to ask questions for a living.
- I believe God is a multi-passionate and so am I. Besides coaching, I also love traveling, photography, event planning, interior design, cooking, entertaining, and figuring out creative ways to weave them all together in coaching.
- I don't have a favorite season. I love them all for different reasons, and the interplay between nature and our human lives.
- My idea of a perfect evening is a long, leisurely, al fresco, candlelit dinner with beautiful people, beautiful food, beautiful music, and a beautiful view.
- One of my wildest dreams is to travel the world with my husband. We're off to a good start, happily living and working remotely domestically and abroad throughout the year. Our 2017 adventure list includes Utah, Washington, New Hampshire, Florida, New York and Hong Kong.
Bonnie Utley is the founder-owner of Blossom of Snow, creator and host of The Dream Retreat, and a certified coach specializing in lifelong personal, professional and spiritual formation. She describes her calling as a personal trainer for the mind, body and spirit who loves using an "inside-out" approach and mind-body techniques.
Bonnie's expertise and passion is supporting people in co-creating their most impossible dreams. She believes that our dreams -- the desires of our hearts -- are how we are each being called to experience our greatest joy and be of greatest service. Bonnie's approach to this work is completely custom. She is committed to creating personalized and transformative experiences with every client, in every session.
The big dreamers, lovers and creators who are up to inspiring things in the world are Bonnie's clients. They range from business leaders and owners, to stay-at-home moms who want to make big impacts. She loves laughing with her clients and they love laughing with her, because laughter is often a precursor to the greatest epiphanies.
Bonnie brings to coaching an innate sense of wonder and curiously strong curiosity, along with 24 years of creative and leadership experience with The Walt Disney Company, plus a combination of backgrounds in the corporate, nonprofit and entrepreneurial worlds. She graduated from Chapman University with a Bachelor's degree in Communications and completed coach training and certification through Martha Beck, Inc. Bonnie lives a life of love, laughter and adventure with her husband Chris in Southern California and wherever their travels take them.